Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fancy Dress



Oh!  

Yesterday, I forgot to mention the great dresses we've had made.  

We bought some of the terrific cloth you find all over here.  Its usually batik made by wax stampings.  The outcome is beautiful.  The Ghanaian cloth is quite nice, but so is the cloth from Togo.  Togolese cloth is distinct because the pattern often have a layer of gold stamping.  This cloth, I believe is from Ghana, no gold.  But I have bought, and have also been itching to buy some cloth with the gold in it.  I may wait until our trip to Lome in a few weeks.

So, we took the cloth to our friend Florence, who is a tailor.  She's an absolute artist when it comes to fabric!

Labour in Ghana is relatively inexpensive while materials themselves are quite pricey.  Still, these dresses are fairly inexpensive.  I think we're planning to get some more things done while we're here.

-zeh ever stylish and funky spotted Jessicat

1 comment:

  1. Both of you are sexy. I wish one of you were single.

    ReplyDelete