Sunday, August 23, 2009

Now Arriving at Gate C

So....we're home.

After a 31 hour flight from Accra to Dubai to New York to Toronto/Halifax, we made it!!!

The flight was long and the days blended together....but we watched the new Star Trek movie 4.5 times....as well as Pocahontas, part of Hercules, the second half of Australia (the first half was on the way there), Dragonball Evolution (which was weird at best) and the Street Fighter movie (a total plot holed waste of everyone's time, but I made it through to the end because I could). There may have been others but at this point, they've all blended together.

While I've made it home, I haven't stopped moving yet. I spent all this week with my family in Rondeau, but we're now on the move again, driving out to BC. I won't stop traveling until I get to Ottawa (which won't be until September 8th).

The Ghana adventure is over...but only for now...and only in some ways. The work that we did is always continuing, even though the library is finished. We're already planning our next rip and a series of projects that we're working on. I plan to keep track of some things here, though my blogging will likely be less frequent than it was while we were actually there.

Aside from all that, the Ghana trip isn't really over yeet because we're still sorting through pictures, memories and reflections. I'm posting a bunch of pictures at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/goodquestion18

Not all of them are from Africa...but I'm sure you can figure out which ones are and aren't.

Thank you to everyone who helped make the library a reality!!!!

For information as to how you can help, you can email us!

Conor Falvey
sunbathing.turtle@gmail.com

Jessi Taylor
goodquestion18@gmail.com

Love,
The Spotted Jessicat

No comments:

Post a Comment